Ready to try the future method of gardening but don’t know where to start?
Hydroponics is a soil-free option of gardening where the plants absorb nutrients directly from the water.
Plants are planted in non-soil growing mediums such as LECA (ceramic balls), rockwool cubes, peat moss, pumice, perlite, and coconut coir. We have comparisons on which is the best growing medium for your situation.
We have information for beginners to expert level. In addition, we have reviews on the equipment you’ll need to start your own hydroponics system.
On this page:
Back to: UrbanOrganicYield.com Home Page
HOW TO HYDROPONICS GARDENING
You’ll find basic tips on how to set up your own aquaponics or hydroponics system – including DIY and starter kits. Also, we talk about how to make perfect hydroponics nutrient solutions and what kind of water to use.
Posts on How-to Start in Hydroponics:
- Hydroponic Systems 101: How to Build 9 Types & How They Work
- Hydroponics Nutrients: The Liquid Fertilizer for Your Hydroponic System
- Aquaponics 101: A Resource To Start An Aquaponics System
- Types of Growing Mediums to Use in Hydroponics
Thinking about starting a hydroponics system?
Let us help you with the equipment you need to start your hydroponics garden.
Hydroponics systems require equipment to properly operate. You’ll need water reservoirs, a water pump to have water flow through, or alternatively, you can even get a complete starter kit.
Posts in Hydroponics Equipment:
- Heat Mats: Germinate Seedlings
- Cloning Machines: Clone Your Plants in Hydroponics
- Water Chiller for Hydroponics Water Reservoirs
- Air Pumps: Circulating Air in Hydroponics
- Water Pump for Hydroponics
- pH Test Meters for Hydroponics
- Small Greenhouse Kits for Indoor Gardening
- Indoor Aquaponics Starter Kits
- Hydroponics Starter Kits