The first step to starting your garden is having the growing medium (soil or non-soil), compost, and fertilizers right.
Here, you’ll find articles that range in topics such as the best soils and soil amendments for specific types of planting —gardens, vegetables, and herbs — to tips on the nitty-gritty of testing your soil’s pH and moisture levels and sterilizing your garden soil.
We also have blog posts on composting and how to add soil amendments to enhance your garden soil.
On this page:
- TYPES OF SOIL TO USE FOR GARDENING
- HOW TO TEST AND STERILIZE GARDEN SOIL
- SOIL ADMENDMENTS AND NON-SOIL GROWING MEDIUMS
Back to: Plants Main Page
Types of garden Soil
- Potting Soil vs Garden Soil: What’s the Difference?
How to Test and Sterilize Garden Soil
- Best Soil Test Kits to Measure pH & Moisture
- How to Sterilize Soil for Gardening
Non-Soil Growing Medium (Soil Admendments)
- Types of Non-Soil Growing Mediums (Soil Admendments)
How to Compost
- How Long Does It Take To Make Compost And How To Make It Faster?