Looking for the Best Reflective Material For Grow Rooms?
Setting up a grow room is never too easy. Switching from the traditional plantations to your indoor grow rooms is an escalating trend. But, do you know everything about growing indoors?
Do you have complete information about every piece of equipment used to set up a grow room? Apart from other things, a reflective material is an essential component for indoor plantation. I will help you select the best reflective material for grow rooms.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Should ‘The Best Reflective Material for Grow Rooms’ Provide?
- 2 Top Picks for The Best Reflective Material for Grow Rooms
- 2.1 1. Reflective Mylar Sheet Roll 2 Mil From Apollo Horticulture | Best Overall
- 2.2 2. Reflective Mylar Roll, 2 Mil From Earth Start | Excellent Reflection Rate
- 2.3 3. Silver Highly Reflective Mylar Sheets From NAVAdeal | 100% Efficiency Rate
- 2.4 4. Horticulture Highly Reflective Mylar Sheet Roll From VIVOSUN | Storage Space Provided
- 2.5 5. Hydroponics Mylar 2 Mil Reflective Material From PMU | Highly Reflective
- 3 Verdict for the Best Reflective Material for Grow Rooms
What Should ‘The Best Reflective Material for Grow Rooms’ Provide?
There are a lot of reflective materials offered by umpteen brands. Reflective material is essential because it is meant to provide a growing environment for your plants. The material you choose should completely suit your grow room.
Mylar has proved to be the most reflective material for indoor plantations, reflecting about 95% of light. The mylar tent material has also given an extraordinary 100% of reflective light results.
Next is the budget-friendly paint reflective material reflecting light between 85% and 95%. Then comes the Foylon reflective material reflecting 95% of light. The plastic reflective material also can reflect 95% of light.
Not only reflective light, but also look for a material that maintains an adequate temperature in your grow room. After all, your plants won’t sustain severe warmth. To help you buy the best reflective material for grow rooms, I’ve reviewed a few best-selling products.
Top Picks for The Best Reflective Material for Grow Rooms
1. Reflective Mylar Sheet Roll 2 Mil From Apollo Horticulture | Best Overall
- 1 - Apollo Horticulture 2 Mil Reflective Mylar Roll - 4' x 100'
- Dimensions: Wide - 48" / Length - 50' / Roll Diameter - 2.25"
- Highly reflective polyester film that will reflect approx. 92-97% of light.
As mentioned earlier, mylar has excelled in reflecting light between 92% and 97%. The Apollo Horticulture reflective mylar sheet roll is the best one. Using this reflective sheet will enhance your plants’ growth. It can produce more plants in a lesser period.
The best thing about this material is that it won’t cost you higher electricity bills. Even if you use a light intensity of your grow lights, mylar is so reflective that you won’t need to increase the intensity.
This spectacular reflective material maintains the required temperature in your indoor grow tent or grow room. I would define Apollo’s results in one line, i.e., ‘Worry Less, Grow More’. If you ask me, Apollo Horticulture should be your pick too.
2. Reflective Mylar Roll, 2 Mil From Earth Start | Excellent Reflection Rate
- 2 Mil Thick (Heavy Duty not 1mil like many on Amazon)
- 100% Light Tight
The highly efficient Earth Start Reflective Mylar Roll is known for its 100% light reflection rate. As it is metalized on both sides, Earth Start has made sure that these sheets are tear-resistant. It is a cheaper substitute for those heavy and costly lighting systems. You will just require tape, thumbtacks, or staples to fix it.
The fact that it uniformly spreads the heat throughout your grow room is really remarkable. After all, the basic necessity in a grow room is an excellent growing environment. Earth Start has proven to be a good brand for hydroponic gardening.
3. Silver Highly Reflective Mylar Sheets From NAVAdeal | 100% Efficiency Rate
- A HELPING HAND FOR PLANTS - Light is an important factor when it comes to...
- EASY TO USE WITH GROW LIGHTS FOR INDOOR GARDENS - Our mylar sheets are PET...
- DURABLE, GREAT VALUE, & SAFE FOR ENVIRONMENT- Our mylar sheets are highly...
The silver highly reflective mylar sheets from NAVAdeal are favored because they are metalized on both sides. Reflecting 95% of light, these NAVAdeal mylar sheets evenly spread heat throughout the grow tent. These sheets are eye-protective, thus protecting your eyes from the immense lights.
Providing a 100% efficient rate, PET coated these sheets to resist corrosion and are made of high-quality material. Their versatility is what pleased me the most. It is extremely friendly with herbs, weeds, succulents, edible garden goods, perennials, etc. Its good-quality VMPET material makes it tear and puncture-resistant. Trust me, and it’s a wonderful deal you’ve got.
4. Horticulture Highly Reflective Mylar Sheet Roll From VIVOSUN | Storage Space Provided
- This highly reflective film will reflect approximately 92-97% of light.
- Its durable design is puncture and tear resistant.
- Increases the intensity of your grow lights while retaining the right...
Sharing from my personal experience, VIVOSUN reflective mylar sheet roll provides excellent results. It reflects 92% to 97% of your grow lights, providing a comfortable temperature to your garden.
It gives an immense amount of reflection that you wouldn’t need to change the intensity of grow lights. It is puncture and tear-resistant and costs your minimal electricity bills.
This sheet roll also has a sealing cover at the bottom to store something. VIVOSUN provides the highest quality of products in the hydroponics market.
5. Hydroponics Mylar 2 Mil Reflective Material From PMU | Highly Reflective
Unlike other cheap stuff, the PMU reflective mylar sheets have a plastic film over them. Plastic-like doesn’t sound right, does it? But it is an advantage as the PMU sheets will not rip or puncture. It quickens the process of growth by reflecting the light of about 98%.
Many people prefer this product as it spreads heat evenly throughout the tent, even the plants’ back. It has a metallic film and is easy to install and use. Overall, PMU products have proved their worth throughout the years. You can choose this budget-friendly sheet to be your gardening partner.
Verdict for the Best Reflective Material for Grow Rooms
Out of all the products, Apollo horticulture reflective mylar sheet roll is the best and most preferred. Mylar sheets are already so light-reflective, and Apollo has presented that mylar material more efficiently. Reflecting a light of about 92% to 97%, Apollo mylar sheets have given excellent results.
Other materials also have a massive demand in the market. They are providing benefits like tear-resistance, storage pocket, and high-quality material.
Analyze carefully, and don’t just spend recklessly on the wrong product. Most importantly, look for light reflection rate and durability – it is well known that the reflection of light will help your plants absorb more light and grow more robust.
I really hope that you end up buying the best reflective material for grow room. Help your crops before they exhaust!
Lindsey Hyland grew up in Arizona where she studied at the University of Arizona’s Controlled Environment Agriculture Center. She continued her gardening education by working on organic farms in both rural and urban settings. She started UrbanOrganicYield.com to share gardening tips and tactics. She’s happy to talk about succulents and houseplants or vegetables and herbs – or just about anything in a backyard garden or hydroponics garden.