To assist you on your quest for the perfect humidifier for grow room or grow tent, I have compiled a list of the best grow room humidifiers on the market today.
It is a constant struggle for growers like us to keep the humidity down to ensure a growing plant’s survival. We must protect fattening buds from botrytis and powdery mildew.
On the other hand, cuttings and seedlings require double the humidity levels of their flowering counterparts.
Plants at different stages of growth require different levels of humidity. During the first month or so, young plants would need an extra 65% to 70% humidity for robust growth.
This humidity is essential to help young plants absorb water through the leaves since their roots haven’t completely developed yet.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 At A Glance: Our Top Picks For Best Humidifier For Grow Room Or Tent Choices For 2021
- 0.2 1. Best Pick For Grow Room: Honeywell Cool Moisture Humidifier
- 0.3 2. Best Cool Mist Option: Pure Enrichment Hume Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- 0.4 3. Best For 2×2 Grow Area: HomeLabs Compact Dehumidifier
- 0.5 4. Budget Option: Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- 0.6 5. Venta LW15 Airwasher 2-In-1 Humidifier And Air Purifier
- 0.7 6. Best For Large Grow Room: Vornado EV100 Evaporative Whole Room Humidifier
- 0.8 7. Best For 5×5 Grow Tent: AIRCARE Space-Saver Evaporative Humidifier
- 0.9 8. Best Commercial Grade: Everlasting Comfort Cool Mist Humidifier
- 1 What Should The Humidity Be In A Grow Room Or Grow Tent?
- 2 Why You Should Use A Humidifier In A Grow Room
- 3 How To Choose The Right Size Humidifier For Grow Tent & Grow Room
- 4 Things To Remember Before Buying A Humidifier For Grow Tent
- 5 The Verdict…
At A Glance: Our Top Picks For Best Humidifier For Grow Room Or Tent Choices For 2021
At this point, too little humidity will spoil the growth of your young plant, which could result in lower yields in the long run. But using a humidifier in a grow room can keep the relative humidity in check.
So, to help you control moisture, you must invest in the best humidifier for a grow room.
In this article, I’m going to reveal the best models on the market you can consider.
Likewise, I’m going to discuss the essential factors you should be aware of before purchasing a humidifier for your grow room or grow tent, including the right size and type of humidifier you actually need.
1. Best Pick For Grow Room: Honeywell Cool Moisture Humidifier
Editor’s #1 Choice
- Quick Facts: 6.8 x 12.8 x 10.2 inches, weighs 6 pounds, 0.8-gallon water tank capacity, three-year warranty
- Voltage: 120V
Did you know that Honeywell has been manufacturing humidifiers and air purifiers for more than 100 years?
This humidifier features evaporative technology that adds cool mist to dry air.
This model also allows you to choose from three fan speeds. The one-gallon tank impacts humidity in a 500 square feet grow room by extracting moisture for up to 24 hours at low speed.
It pushes air through a relatively large wick that sits in the water. The high-speed setting raises humidity levels in a grow room, while the medium speed maintains relative humidity.
As a result, humidity levels can be between the usual 40% to 60%.
The maintenance depends on the cleanliness of the water you use. Generally, it’s recommendable to clean the Honeywell every 21 to 28 days.
I’ll vouch for its self-regulating function, which adjusts the moisture output automatically in my grow room and gives the maximum amount of humidity possible. If your looking for the best humidifier for grow tent, this certainly has to be a contender.
2. Best Cool Mist Option: Pure Enrichment Hume Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- LONG-LASTING RELIEF: Ultrasonic technology provides up to 50 hours of...
- VARIABLE MIST SETTINGS: Rotating mist control knob gives you the...
- EASY-CLEAN WATER TANK: Large water tank opening makes it easy to hand wash...
- Quick Facts: 8.3 x 6.7 x 11.8 inches, weighs 4.3 pounds, humidifier base, water tank cap, easy-clean 3.5 L water tank capacity, variable mist settings, user manual, five-year warranty, 30-day money back guarantee
- Voltage: 120V
- Bonus Feature: Integrated Safety Mechanism, Automatic Shut-Off, and Ultra-Quiet Operation.
The Pure Enrichment Hume Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier can produce more than 1.5 gallons of moisture into the air in a 270 square feet grow room.
It can operate for up 12 hours on the highest setting without needing to refill the water tank.
What I love about this model is its multiple mist options where the nozzle can be adjusted to gradually increase or decrease the amount of mist released. Its wide nozzle emits mists of up to 300 milliliters per hour.
The Pure Enrichment Hume Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is a great addition to your grow room if you’re all about energy efficiency and lightweight material.
This small humidifier only consumes 25 watts of energy and has automatic safety features that turn the humidifier off when the water tank is removed or the water level is low.
So far, I’ve had no problems with leaking and damage to the surface from the moisture. The unit’s rotating mist control also allows me to conveniently adjust moisture output and direct the mist where I want it to be.
Note that its maximum operating time may depend on the room temperature, the amount of water in the tank, and the water quality.
3. Best For 2×2 Grow Area: HomeLabs Compact Dehumidifier
- Our hOmeLabs personal air purifier has a filter with 99.97% efficiency...
- Our rigorous, 4-stage filtering process includes a pre-filter to capture...
- Bye-bye bad smells! This air purifier’s ionizer helps to eliminate...
- Quick Facts: 6.5 x 5.3 x 8.5 inches, weighs 2.6 pounds, 500 mL water tank capacity, made from plastic, user manual, two-year warranty, 30-day return for any reason, lifetime technical support
- Voltage: 110V
- Bonus Feature: Low noise thermoelectric Peltier module and energy efficient 25W ETL adapter to prevent overheating.
The term compact itself is enough to make you add it to your cart, especially if the size is a crucial factor for you.
On the flip side, the hOmeLabs Compact Dehumidifier’s ability to emit moisture is limited to up to 9 ounces of mist on a daily basis, but can only cover and purify the air in enclosed spaces like a 50 square feet grow area.
It was also built with an auto shut-off feature that cuts off the humidifier to prevent overflowing. Moreover, the hOmeLabs Compact Dehumidifier is safe from overheating since the water cannot pour out on its own.
This adorable humidifier might surprise you because despite being small, it can still serve your much-needed cool mist for up to 250 milliliters per hour. It even has the capability to protect your plants from mold, mildew, and moisture rot.
Based on experience, it’s advisable to clean it on a weekly basis to prolong its use.
4. Budget Option: Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- INSTANT DRY AIR RELIEF: Ultrasonic cool mist technology safely and quickly...
- YEAR-ROUND COMFORT: High and low-speed settings combined with a 360° mist...
- LARGE EASY-FILL TANK: 1.5 liter water tank provides ideal coverage for...
- Quick Facts: 10.9 x 9.2 x 6.9 inches, weighs 2.27 pounds, easy-fill 1.5 L water tank capacity, AC power adapter, two-year warranty, customer support 7 days a week
- Voltage: 120V
- Bonus Feature: Whisper-Quiet Operation
Despite being an almost decade-old brand, Pure Enrichment was able to create the compact Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier that has low and high-speed settings to safely moisturize the air for up to 16 hours.
The unit even has an impressive 360-degree mist nozzle, which you adjust to direct the flow of mist away from areas of the grow room that don’t need moisture.
The Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier also includes a speed adjuster that allows you to set how moist you want your grow room to be.
Don’t let the small water tank fool you because it can deliver moisture of up to 150 milliliters per hour and cover a grow room of about 300 square feet. Another good thing about this grow tent humidifier is that it only requires one button for four modes.
5. Venta LW15 Airwasher 2-In-1 Humidifier And Air Purifier
- Evaporative humidification for spaces up to 300 square feet
- Healthy air humidified to an optimal 40-60%
- Cold evaporative humidification without the use of filters
- Quick Facts: 11 x 12.2 x 10.2 inches, 11 pounds, 1.4-gallon water tank capacity, 10-year warranty
- Voltage: 110-240V
- Bonus Feature: Cold Evaporation Process that prevents white dust build-up, prevents condensation and wood warping, and eliminates bacteria emissions
Your biggest takeaway from the Venta LW15 Airwasher 2-in-1 Humidifier and Air Purifier is that it humidifies dry air, while consequently purifying the air by removing pollen, animal dander, dust, and other allergens.
It is equipped with filter pads and internal disks that trap harmful particles with water.
However, smaller particles like mold spores and pollen might not be trapped as efficiently.
Compact yet efficient, the Venta LW15 Airwasher can control the humidity of a 200 square feet grow room in just 32 watts of energy. Like most humidifiers, it’s built with an auto shut-off with a water refill indicator light.
In addition, Venta has been a powerhouse name for indoor air products for 35 years now, cementing their credibility in the businesses.
True to its mission, Venta designed the LW15 Airwasher on the principle of natural evaporation, which is undeniably one of the best ways to humidify a grow room.
6. Best For Large Grow Room: Vornado EV100 Evaporative Whole Room Humidifier
- OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE — Deep-pitched blades pull large volumes of dry air...
- INTELLIGENT HUMIDIFICATION — EV100 senses how much humidity and...
- SIMPLE CONTROLS — Push-button controls allow you to personalize your...
- Quick Facts: 12.3 x 13 x 8 inches, weighs 5.3 pounds, 1-gallon water tank capacity, crystal-clear SimpleTank System for easy refill, five-year warranty
- Voltage: 120V
- Bonus Feature: Vortex Action technology that ensures balanced and complete humidification.
If you’re a fan of controls, minimalism, and modernity, then I’d like you to meet the Vornado EV100 Evaporative Whole Room Humidifier!
It has an air outlet grill that initiates the unit’s vortex circulation. You can easily operate it using electronic push buttons, letting you control the humidity level between 40% to 60%.
What I appreciate the most about this is the one-gallon tank capacity that can circulate humidified air throughout a 300 square feet grow room for up to 24 hours.
Another good thing about this grow tent humidifier, is that It will even last longer when set on low fan speed. Vornado EV100 has three fan settings that allow you to personalize humidity: low, high, and auto.
Living up to its name, the SimpleTank system provides a crystal clear water tank, which makes it convenient for growers to determine if the tank must be cleaned or refilled.
The electronic humidistat reads humidity in the room for automatic humidity control.The wick, which filters out impurities, should be changed every one to two months.
7. Best For 5×5 Grow Tent: AIRCARE Space-Saver Evaporative Humidifier
- Digital Controls with Auto Humidistat. The maximum run time is 70 hours and...
- Automatically Shuts Off When Desired Humidity Level is Reached or When Unit...
- Trapmax Filter Technology with Protection
- Quick Facts: 17.5 x 12.5 x 22.5 inches, weighs 14 pounds, 6-gallon water tank capacity, two-year warranty, installation manual, user guide
- Voltage: 120V
- Bonus Feature: Super Wick Trapmax Filter Technology that absorbs minerals and unwanted impurities.
Won’t you love a six-gallon water tank that can increase the humidity in your grow room for up to 70 hours without refilling?
AIRCARE Space-Saver Evaporative Humidifier lives up to its name, providing much-needed humidity to dry air in a 2700 square feet grow area.
The unit’s digital control panel makes it convenient to select from three fan speeds.
Growers go crazy over a machine that lets them customize the moisture level in a grow room. I present to you its three-fan speeds: nighttime, medium, and high speeds.
The droplet icon adjusts humidity from 5% to 65%, eliminating virus particles in the air. This grow tent humidifier has an auto humidistat that indicates when it’s time to check the filter and refill the water tank.
I suggest placing the AIRCARE Space-Saver Evaporative Humidifier in the grow room where the moist air can be circulated to achieve effective humidification.
I’ve observed that the evaporative wick traps’ ability to absorb and evaporate water decreases due to the accumulated minerals from the water. To solve this, I clean the humidifier once every 14 days and change the wick at least once per season.
8. Best Commercial Grade: Everlasting Comfort Cool Mist Humidifier
- 💨Long Lasting Coverage for Your Home, Office, Nursery, or Dorm: Our...
- 🌺Not Your Average Air Humidifier: We included an essential oil tray that...
- 🔇Safe to Use, Whisper Quiet: Our large room humidifier is nearly silent...
- Quick Facts: 11 x 7 x 13 inches, weighs 3+ pounds, 6L water tank capacity, Whisper-quiet Operation
- Voltage: 100-240V
- Bonus Feature: A self-reading function that shuts the unit off whenever it runs out of water and a sleep mode for middle mist output.
Everlasting Comfort Cool Mist Humidifier is a must-have if your location has dry winter and you want a unit that generates vapor.
It only has one power button for control, but it allows you to choose from low-medium-high humidity levels for your grow room. You can set it up between 45% to 60% to attain environmental humidity.
The product’s 6L water tank can disperse cool water vapor and adjustable mist for up to 14-17 hours.
Furthermore, the maximum mist volume reaches up to 350 milliliters per hour and does a good job keeping the humidity levels high.
I know you’ll love this: Everlasting Comfort Cool Mist Humidifier is condensation-free! You won’t have to worry about this grow room humidifier soaking its place with liquid.
Based on trial and error, this device likes being cleaned on a weekly basis to prevent the formation of mold.
What Should The Humidity Be In A Grow Room Or Grow Tent?
Temperature (especially heat) and humidity in a grow room work together to keep your plants alive. Keep in mind that humidity is significant because root systems have not fully developed yet, so the leaves provide water and nutrients.
Young plants need around 65% to 70% humidity level for active growth for the first month or so.
This is equivalent to steady temperatures of 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Hence, warmer temperatures create higher relative humidity levels.
Why You Should Use A Humidifier In A Grow Room
- Help plants during photosynthesis.
- To control and increase the moisture level, ensuring clean air in a grow room.
- Get increased plant yields and size.
- Faster root development.
- Remember: too low or too high humidity can kill your plants.
- Minimizes the concentration of bacteria, dust, and other irritants.
- Growers get exposed to a grow room’s dry air that can cause sinus infections, irritation, and allergy.
Now that you’ve understood the different aspects involved in using a humidifier in a grow room, it’s time to pick the best one!
How To Choose The Right Size Humidifier For Grow Tent & Grow Room
The first step to successful indoor gardening is analyzing the right size of a humidifier, especially its tank capacity, for your grow room.
The size of the humidifier depends on how big your grow room is and how many plants you are trying to grow.
Essentially, a small humidifier can cover up to 300 square feet while a medium humidifier can handle 350-500 square feet. Meanwhile, a large one can serve a grow room of about 550-1000 square feet.
But remember, the bigger the humidifier, the more expensive it will be.
For example, if you have a 2×2 grow room that requires about five ounces of moisture a day, HomeLabs Compact Dehumidifier is a good pick.
If you need a humidifier for 4×4 grow tent and you want to keep relative humidity at 40%, then you can opt for a humidifier that has a 1-gallon water tank capacity.
For those who have 5×5 grow tent, set up a humidifier that can keep relative humidity at 65%, which can be produced by a device that has at least a five-gallon capacity like the AIRCARE Space-Saver Evaporative Humidifier.
Things To Remember Before Buying A Humidifier For Grow Tent
Pro tip: you can use tap water, but the filters will last longer with distilled or reverse osmosis water. Minerals from the tap water will be trapped in the filter and eventually prevent the filter from absorbing any water.
Thus, micro-elements become trapped in the humidifier and the filter must be changed.
Which Type Of Humidifier Is Best For Grow Room?
Ultrasonic humidifiers, like the Vornado Evaporative Humidifier, have the most automated features and can produce a fine mist, but automation is costly.
Go for an evaporative or cool-mist humidifier if you’re working on a budget.
Cool Mist Versus Warm Mist Humidifiers
Warm mist humidifiers disperse steam and include mineral filters that trap water deposits. Newsflash — cool mist humidifiers tend to use less power than warm mist humidifiers.
Obviously, look for a humidifier that produces cool mist.
This is usually evident in a product name, mind you. Choose among evaporative, impeller, and ultrasonic models, like the Pure Enrichment Hume Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier.
Who doesn’t love owning a piece of equipment that can withstand the test of time?
Bet on a humidifier that will require the least amount of cleaning such as ultrasonic and cold mist humidifiers since maintenance adds up to your workload and cost.
Let me stress this – you’ll end up cleaning and replacing the filter more often when you use tap water. Like I said earlier, tap water can cause mineral build-up and affect your humidifier if not cleaned.
Is Noise A Concern?
All humidifiers create noise, there’s no exception. The least noisy humidifier is the ultrasonic and evaporative types of humidifiers. No worries – we list some of the quietest humidifiers on the market today.
It goes without saying, know the limits of your budget.
Brand To Choose
I’ve already mentioned some of the best humidifiers for a grow room. But with the factors explained above, what is the most cost-effective grow room humidifier?
How I wish I could give a single humidifier to consider. I kid you not, you must look into the details to snag the best deal!
Carry on, let’s chat about the importance of a humidifier in a grow room and what the best ones are.
Growing plants indoors also mean investing in a grow room and a humidifier. It’s undeniable that an enclosed environment protects growing plants from direct sunlight and outside forces.
Yet, it’s not without setbacks, and this is where a humidifier comes into the picture.
The humidifier will assist you in controlling the temperature and moisture output in a grow room, ensuring the survival of your growing plants.
I can’t make the decision for you, but I can help you pick the best grow room humidifier. Go for the humidifier that is easy to operate, can reliably spread mist in your grown room or grow tent, and can operate for long hours.
EDITOR’S #1 CHOICE
Lindsey Hyland grew up in Arizona where she studied at the University of Arizona’s Controlled Environment Agriculture Center. She continued her gardening education by working on organic farms in both rural and urban settings. She started UrbanOrganicYield.com to share gardening tips and tactics. She’s happy to talk about succulents and houseplants or vegetables and herbs – or just about anything in a backyard garden or hydroponics garden.